The school started as Albay High School Polangui (AHSP) in 1948 with an initial enrollment of 234 students, nine teachers, a clerk and a janitor. Mr. Sisenando Reantaso was its first Principal (1948-1953), and then Mr. Victor Pineda (1953-1963)succeeded him.
Feb 10, 2007 - 4:40:36 PM
In 1963 , President Diosdado Macapagal signed RA No. 3993 converting the AHSP into a community school, The Polangui General Comprehensive High School (PGCHS), a national secondary school patterned after the comprehensive high school in Detroit, Michigan U.S.A. It has extension classes in the barrios of Ponso, Itaran, and La Medalla in Polangui, and Balogo in Oas, Albay.
The school's Principals since 1963 are the following: Mrs. Aurora Ricacho Encisa (1963-1980); Mrs. Filicitas Olondriz (1982-1985); Mr. Wilfredo Pura (1995-2004); Mrs. Corita Marollano (2004-2005) and Mr. Osias Monforte (2005 to present).
At present, PGCHS has 3,304 students, 172 regular teachers, and 31 non- teaching personnel - librarian, nurses, secretary, clerk, property custodian, drivers, janitors, messengers, contractual and casuals.
PGCHS is a cluster of all schools, public and private in the Municipalities of Polangui, Oas, Libon, and Ligao in Albay, and Bato in Camarines Sur. It serves as a center for training and development in home management, technology, and social studies.
To date, (2006) the School has produced a total of 28,791 Graduates.
The school campus is located in a 66,607 sq.m. lot at barangay Centro Occidental (Ilaod), Polangui, Albay.